Friday 25 February 2011

Skills workshop 1/2/3


 Workshop 1/2/3 with Richard Sweeney...



                                            Process notes

1. We only had to use piece of white paper to make 3D forms..
2. I used different techniques such as rip/fold/crease/cut ect... 
3. I made different shapes by using the same size of paper...
 4.Once I done with my final outcome i then chose to take photos against a white background to create shadow...
5. I took photos from different angles to get different shadows. You can actually see the shadow difference in all the images that I took...
6. Below you can see the shapes that I have created in all three workshop...
                                          
*****




*****


*****



This one was very straight forward, I didn't had to use any equipments....



After finishing my 3rd model it reminded me of sea shell so i went on google and found this image which looks similar to my work.. 
*****


*****




*****


*****





I really like how you can get different shapes by using different sort of techniques. it looks so smooth when you curl and it gives you really nice effect..
*****


*****




I really like this one because it has more free space and because of that the middle bit really stands out...
*****




*****




Here I have used repeat technique and it worked out really well. 
I really like the shape and I think there were several ways that I could manipulate it after putting it together.
*****




*****





I just cut slits of paper and as you can see there are ten strips, 
I held the strips in different place  by cutting little slits where I wanted them to stay, and just pushed the ends in a slight bit. 

*****




*****





This is my favourite image, as I have mentioned before about taking photos from different angels could make a lot of difference and here is the example. You can see the three different shapes in one piece of work...
*****




*****




I really like the combination of different shapes that I have created by one piece of white paper. I think it looks even more batter when you look at it from the top angel...
*****



*****




*****


I never thought that piece of a paper could actually make such a beautiful shape...
I am so glad that I had chance to learn this techniques..
I am definitely going to carry on making some more pieces..


*****


*****




*****



*****




*****





here I have tried to experiment different level of bright and contras  on the same piece of work just to see how it would look...you can see how each image gives you different feeling even though they are all one piece...
*****

No comments:

Post a Comment